- The Future of Real Estate Marketing: Part #1 – Being Everywhere At Once
- The Future of Real Estate Marketing: Part #2 – The 8 AM Website
- The Future of Real Estate Marketing: Part #3 – The 10 PM Website
- The Future of Real Estate Marketing: Part #4 – The Housing Market is Going to the Dogs
- The Future of Real Estate Marketing: Part #5 – The Internet Will Disrupt Your Sales Process!
“…furry family members are driving home-buying decisions,”
“Millennials have strong bonds with their dogs, so it makes sense that their furry family members are driving home-buying decisions,” said Dorinda Smith, SunTrust Mortgage President and CEO. “For those with dogs, renting can be more expensive and a hassle; home ownership takes some of the stress off by providing a better living situation.”
The housing marketing, along with our workplaces and coffee shops, are Going to the Dogs! Man (and Woman’s) Best Friend is fast becoming the deciding factor in so many of our purchase decisions these days. For most Millennial couples, dogs usually come way before kids and drive a great many lifestyle choices, including high-dollar purchases, such as what to drive and where to live.
SunTrust’s findings are most interesting as they take this notion from assumption to quantified reality. (Read the full article.) If you’re designing, building or marketing new homes, what are you doing to make this important connection? Are you including dog wash areas? Dog parks? Doggie doors? How about low maintenance flooring? If you are marketing and selling, how do you message to dog owners? Do you roll out a welcome mat with dog treats? Do you show happy dogs and owners in your ads and on your website?
If you aren’t doing some of those things, most likely you’re barking up the wrong tree.